Monday 25 August 2014

TAG: The Ultimate Book Tag

Yay! A book tag! This tag was created by Books With A Bite at:
 bookswithbite.net/book-tag-the-ultimate-book-tag/
 
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
That, my friends, depends solely on the quality of the book. If it's a really good, engaging book, I'll forget all about my pending motion sickness.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why? Roald Dahl. He was the first author ever to leave me mystified the entire time I was reading his books. Not only is he an amazing author, but he is just an amazing story-teller. The characters and creatures and stories that he could conjure up, are just so colorful and vivid and lve so brightly in the minds of all his readers.                                                                                                         

 3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, because 1. Wizards 2. Important life lessons and values 3. Wizards
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Cell-phone, Nintendo 3DS XL, lip gloss, wallet, annnnnd books. I’m currently harboring a beautiful edition of Emma by Jane Austen.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. I am a proud book sniffer. Books smell awesome, you guys. They smell like of courage, wisdom, and power... and no, I did not just name the three parts of a omnipotent Hylian relic.
 6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Illustrations are the best! From maps, to just doodles, to full on graphic novels, illustrations can make a book so much better.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
John Green’s books. Specifically, Paper Towns, which was my first Green novel. This was when I had a huge manic pixie dream girl phase and I loved them.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Well, one time when I was a pudgy 3rd grader, I was in the library (as I always was) during lunch. I was browsing books with a couple girls and I came upon The Long Winter, by Laura Ingalls Wider. I picked up the massive thing (because to a 3rd grader, that thing was a tome) and said aloud, “The Long Winter... More like The Long Book!” and set it down, chuckling to myself. Nobody else laughed, but for some reason I thought it was the funniest joke I’ve ever made. It has stuck with me to this day.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I have an omnibus of all of Shakespeare's works. But if you count a single book, then The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien takes the cake. Wait, maybe Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Both are pretty massive beasts.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love writing. I don’t know about an author or anything like that, but I know that no matter what career I choose, I will be writing no matter what. Whether it be in blog, journal, or book form!
12. When did you get into reading?
When I came out of my mother’s womb and promptly requested a copy of The Catcher in the Rye.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
A Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde OR Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Dorian Grey is just so awesomely neo-gothic and creepy and Jane Eyre is just so empowering with it’s hints of early-feminism annnd it’s also pretty gothic. I just realized that I enjoy gothic classics that have someone's name as the title.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Yes. Well in elementary (primary) school, English was always my best subject, but in high school, maths was my better subject. Meh. I always enjoyed English the most.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would brag about how well-read I am and that I have already read that atrocious, sad excuse of literature and sit back stroke my pencil-thin mustache and laugh into a glass of wine while I twiddle my pipe between my fingers. But seriously, I would say thanks and donate it ASAP. Unless it had pretty binding. In which case, I might keep it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

Well, I don’t see how Harry Potter and the Hunger Games are similar to each other much less how I can possibly find a series that could be similar to both of them. Since I find this question ridiculous and I won’t respond to it.


http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lepl6gMzRO1qadygwo1_500.jpg 
 (But a good underrated series is Twilight... Have you heard of it?)
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I flip my hair. Back. And. Forth.
18. What is your favorite word?
Indubitably. As in, indubitably, indubitably, is my favourite word.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
None of the above. I am a Queen.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires because Fairies can get really annoying.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
ANGELS. Because Cas. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp1p5oGUYs1qb2r11.gif

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Because they are super hot. Like, how much fun can you have with a spirit?
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies because I already chose vampires and I don’t want vampires to get a big head.
 24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love because love triangles are so annoying. I mean, there is one person who was two choices! TWO CHOICES. I mean, choose one! There’s only two choices!
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in? I would enjoy an action-packed love scene. Bow chicka wow wow. *Careless Whisper starts playing*


I hope you enjoyed my painfully low quality replies to this tag... I TAG YOU, PIKACHU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment