Friday 30 January 2015

Quick REVIEW: The Goldfinch



Note: I have decided to start making "Quick Reviews" here on ChaiBooks. These reviews will be of books that I have chosen to read just for pleasure and I do not wish to make a big, formal review for them! Formal reviews will be saved for ARCs, galleys, or whichever other book I have a lot to talk about. Quick Reviews will include my status updates that I put on GoodReads!

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

GoodReads Updates: 


10/26marked as:to-read
01/02marked as:currently-reading
01/02page 375
48.0%



01/08page 550
71.0%"I'm slowly getting through this massive book! Almost there."




01/24page 600
80.0%"I NEED TO FINISH THIS ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH THIS IS RIDICULOUS"


This book took it almost two months to complete which is very odd for me, as I am a fairly fast reader. It took me quite a long time not because the book was challenging to read. It was because it was such a intricately-woven story that just takes a while to digest. It's a massive book, but I was never confused or lost. I just found that it took me a longer time to read.
The actual novel was fantastic. The prose was a delight to read, the story-line was slow (which isn't a bad thing at all)! One can explore and get a better feel the inner workings of Theo's mind. It get's very action-packed at the end while still maintaining its very real prose. A great adult fiction read!


No comments:

Post a Comment