Friday 27 February 2015

THOUGHTS: Saga Volume 4




I just finished reading the fourth volume in the Saga comic book series by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples. I don't necessarily want to review it, I would just like to share my thoughts on it. Henceforth I shall make “Thought” posts in which I essentially just rant about books, comics, and the like. High quality stuff, I promise.

*** Warning: Spoilers ahead. I have read up to Issue #23 so if you aren't there yet, like... spoilers. *** 

Firstly, this series kills off more characters than George R.R. Martin I'm pretty sure. JUST. SO many great characters just shot or dismembered or something else. Ugh. Sometimes plot details like a death became really predictable and then of course, a plot twist I didn't anticipate happened which evened the playing field. The art was beautiful, and I especially enjoyed the crazy stuff in this volume. I just wish there was more of The Will, Lying Cat, Gwen, and that gang because I love them so much. I love the struggling marriage angle that they took even if it did kill me inside a little. 
All the Robot stuff was WAY to insane. And a little heartbreaking with IV just completely using escapism pleasure and thus missing the birth of a child and a death of a spouse. And this new guy! He is crazy! Just! Wow! Bananas! I gasped a lot in this issue, more than normal, actually. 
Ana was gorgeous as usual and all her different Circuit outfits were so pretty. 
AND is that little baby getting CUTER EVERY SECOND? Sorry, TODDLIN' TODDLER? The ending was brilliant. 

Overall, so good. If I didn't hate single-issues so badly, I would definitely be keeping up to date, but single-issue comics are not enough to satisfy my need. So I'm stuck waiting for Volume 5. I wish Heist's works were real so I could read them while waiting. I'll just sit here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment